Optical probe for measuring COD, BOD, Nitrate, Nitrite, UVT-254, TOC, DOC, SAC-254, and TSS for IQ SensorNet systems.
The NiCaVis is a reagentless, optical-based spectrophotometer built into a rugged, corrosion-resistant field probe for the IQ SensorNet system. The NiCaVis can report up to 5 parameters including: Nitrate, Nitrite (optional), COD (total and soluble), BOD, UVT-254, TOC, DOC and SAC (total and soluble). The NiCaVis probe scans 256 wavelengths per measurement to provide the most accurate data with precise compensation for interferences such as turbidity on the UV-VIS probe. The NiCaVis provides continuous data to help with operational improvement decisions. The probe’s built-in UltraClean® ultrasonic cleaning technology reduces routine maintenance requirements.
For Help choosing the right sensor for your application, reference these guides:
- 5 Questions to Ask When Selecting a UV or UV Vis Sensor Guide
- UV & UV-Vis Sensor Application Chart.
- Nitrite UV probe measures 256 wavelengths between 200 and 390 nm allowing it to differentiate between nitrate and nitrite; UV-VIS measures between 200 and 720 nm
- 256 wavelength scans per measurement results in better accuracy and better compensation for interferences
- UVT-254 measurement used to determine required UV light intensity and contact time for disinfection, lowering a facility’s disinfection costs
- Factory calibrated with optional user-calibration
- 2-year warranty
- Reduced maintenance with UltraClean ultrasonic cleaning technology; prevents biofouling from taking place. Built-in air holes for added air cleaning in high fouling applications.
The sensor is part of our IQ SensorNet family of products and works directly with our advanced wastewater process monitoring system. This system is controled by the IQ SensorNet 2020 3G controller or our simplified IQ SensorNet 282/284 controller.
|Anti Fouling||UltraClean™ ultrasound cleaning system|
|Depth / Pressure Rating / Limit||maximum immersion depth = 10 meters, 1 bar (14.5 psi)|
|Equipment used with||2020 3G, 282/284|
|Integrated Lightning Protection||Yes|
|Measurement Method / Channels||Measuring over total spectrum from ultraviolet (UV) to visible (VIS) light, 200-720 nm.|
|Measurement Range||NO2: 0.0 to 120.0 mg/L (influent/aeration); 0.0 to 300.0 mg/L (effluent); NO2-N: 0.00 to 30.00 mg/L (influent/aeration); 0.00 to 75.00 mg/L (effluent); NO3: 0.0 to 300.0 mg/L (influent/aeration); 0.0 to 750.0 mg/L (effluent); NO3-N: 0.00 to 60.00 mg/L (influent/aeration); 0.0 to 150.0 mg/L (effluent); COD (total): 0 to 20,000 mg/L (influent); 0 to 4,000 mg/L (effluent); COD (soluble): 0 to 12,500 mg/L (influent/aeration); 0 to 4,000 mg/L (effluent); TOC: 0 to 20,000 mg/L (influent); 0 to 2,500 mg/L (effluent); DOC: 0 to 12,500 mg/L (influent/aeration); 0 to 2,500 mg/L (effluent); BOD: 0 to 8,000 mg/L (influent); 0 to 2,500 mg/L (effluent); SAC 254 (total): 0 to 5,000 1/m (influent/aeration); 0 to 3,000 1/m (effluent); SAC 254 (soluble): 0 to 3,000 1/m (influent/aeration/effluent) ; UVT-254: 0.0 to 100.0 % (influent/aeration/effluent)|
|Operating pH Range||4 to 12|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 113 °F (0 to 45 °C)|
|Parameters Measured||Nitrate, Nitrite (optional), COD (total and soluble), UVT-254, TOC, DOC, BOD, SAC 254 (total and soluble)|
|Precision||(+/-)3% of the measured value (+/-) 2.5 mg/L|
|Smart Sensors / Ports||Yes|
|Storage Temperature||14 to 122 °F (-10 to 50 °C)|
|Unit of Measure||mg/L, 1/m|
|Waterproof||Sensor with SACIQ cable connected: IP68|