Trapezoidal Flume sizes are available to measure everything from an intermittent trickle to a consistent canal.
All trapezoidal flumes exhibit similar flow characteristics and have application advantages over other flumes and weirs. VPC offers a full line of standard flumes, along with countless custom structures used for open channel flow measurement. Sizes are available to measure everything from an intermittent trickle to a consistent canal.
- Flat bottom from entrance to exit for better head conversion.
- Do not require a free-fall discharge to operate correctly.
- Staff gauge and instrument mounting brackets located within flume and factory installed
- Natural shape of the flume mimics many earthen and concrete-lined ditches.
- Flat floor and sloping wall allow solids to pass through the throat without being trapped.