GSM communication with remote sites – for alarms, data retrieval, and sampler control
This digital cellular phone modem enables Teledyne ISCO 6712 samplers (including Avalanche® models) to transmit text message alarms to a text-enabled phone or pager. It also allows the sampler to communicate with a modem-equipped PC for remote data retrieval and control.
The modem is compatible with user-subscribed GSM digital cell phone service (such as ATT/Cingular, T-Mobile, and Vodaphone). GSM service is available throughout most of Europe, and is increasingly available in many other parts of the world. Your GSM subscription parameters are contained on a SIM card that you install in the modem. You can change your service parameters – or provider – by replacing the SIM card.
- STANDARD FEATURES
- MAIN APPLICATIONS
Text-message alarms via SMS (Short Message Service) to a text-enabled phone or pager.
Remote control of all sampler functions using a terminal program such as Hyperterminal®.
No separate power source required – the modem receives power directly through the sampler’s interrogation connection.
Power management (via sampler programming) enables power-up during user-selected times, to extend battery life.
Magnetic-mount external antenna.
- Triggering sample collection remotely, on command.
- Transmitting alarms to notify that samples have been collected and are awaiting retrieval.
- Remote data retrieval using Teledyne ISCO Flowlink® software.
OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
- Optional 40 watt solar power system. Will power 6712 sampler plus GSM modem and other accessories indefinitely in most remote locations.
- Potted antenna in PVC housing, designed to be buried in street for manhole sampling/monitoring applications.
- Magnetic-mount antenna, for elevated placement to extend range and avoid signal obstruction, e.g., where modem is inside a metal enclosure or steel-framed building.
- Teledyne ISCO Flowlink software.
GSM Cellular Modem for 6700 Series Samplers
|Size (HxWxD):||4.5 x 7.5 x 4.0 inches (113 x 188 x 100 mm)|
|Weight:||2 lbs (0.9 kg)|
|Enclosure:||NEMA 4X, 6 (IP67)|
|Power:||Provided by 6700 Series Sampler.|
|Operating Temperature:||0° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)|
|Communication Speed:||9600 bps|
|Alarm Method:||Via SMS (Short Message Service)|
|Note: Use of SMS is required for dial-out alarms|
|Recommended Service:||Mobile terminated service is required (NOTE: The customer is responsible for confirming that the selected GSM service provides coverage where the modem will be deployed.)|